Collaboration lies at the heart of a comprehensive and individualised education. At Winstedt, your child has a dedicated team of educators, support specialists and therapists involved in all aspects of the school day. This integrated team approach ensures that your child's unique education needs are met and woven throughout the school day.
To better understand what learning support looks like at Winstedt, please read this letter from our Heads of Schools.
- Personalised Instruction
- Multi-age Groupings
- Integrated Therapy
- Supplemental Learning Support When Needed
- Multi-sensory Lessons and Collaborative Instruction
- Active Learning
- Beyond Academics
- With a maximum class size of 15 students to 2 qualified teachers, Winstedt provides the level of attention your child needs to shine in the classroom, rather than getting lost in the crowd.
- Initial assessments of each student are conducted, and tailored learning goals based on the individual needs and abilities are developed with on-going re-evaluation throughout the school year.
- Regular Knowledge Checks are conducted in literacy and numeracy so that parents can see a detailed history of each student's progress.
- Rather than assuming all students of a given age are working at the same level, Winstedt students are placed in classes based on a variety of factors, including social and emotional development, learning profile and academic skills.
- Students in Years 3 and above are further grouped for the core subjects of Literacy, Phonology and Maths so that each student is learning at the level, and in the style, that best suits his or her needs.
- Classes at Winstedt receive weekly, whole class, integrated therapy sessions conducted by Speech and Language, Occupational and Behavioural Therapists.
- Therapists work in tandem with teachers to implement customised strategies to support the individual development needs of each student and of each class.
- Integrated class therapy allows students to practice skills in real-time, as a group and enables students to learn from one another.
Read more about our unique Integrated Therapy model.
- Following an initial consult, a comprehensive assessment will enable therapists to create an individualised therapy programme, including targeted intervention goals, for students needing more support than what is provided in class.
- Motivating therapy sessions take place, during school or after school hours onsite, with dedicated Winstedt therapists.
- One-on-one learning support sessions in Literacy, Maths and English as an Additional Language are also available.
- While traditional classrooms rely mainly on hearing and seeing for instruction, Winstedt delivers a multi-sensory learning approach allowing students to access concepts through all their senses.
- Our arts-infused curriculum provides creative avenues for both differentiated instruction and for students to demonstrate what they’ve learned.
- Winstedt’s specialist teachers collaborate to deliver cross-discipline instruction facilitating alternative ways to introduce and reinforce concepts.
- Regularly scheduled, whole-class sessions on personal, social, emotional and health topics with the school counsellor help students develop critical soft skills often taken for granted.
- Field trips, connected to academic units, are scheduled every term to allow students to apply concepts in a real-world context.
- Whole-day, overnight and overseas camps for students from Year 4 and up facilitate independence, problem solving and leadership development.
Learn more about our Extracurricular Activities and Camps here.
Please click here for the list of Support Services.
The Winstedt School and its related entities do not endorse or recommend any external tutors.