From executive functioning to penmanship to social and emotional skills, Winstedt's dedicated in-house therapy team provides skills and tools that are relevant to every student, through our unique integrated therapy model. Our therapists work in tandem with the teachers inside and outside the classroom so that students can practice in real-time and apply the impact of therapy support in the classroom - rather than receiving therapy support in isolation.
Speech and Language, Occupational and Behavioural Therapists at The Winstedt School work with teachers as a team to support students:
- Inside the classroom
- In targeted groups
- Throughout the school-day during unstructured times
At Winstedt, our therapists work in tandem with teachers and Heads of School to support students throughout the school- day. This includes:
- Teacher training on implementing Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Behavioural Therapy strategies within the classroom.
- Lesson and activity planning with teachers to ensure that skill development is targeted within the curriculum and across the school-day.
- Observations in the classrooms.
- Immediate or easily accessible advice for teaching staff about whole class and individual student strategies.
- Individual student goal setting and planning with teachers and Heads of School.
- Direct Occupational, Speech and Language, and Behavioural Therapy support within the classroom.
- Opportunities for parent training to reinforce skills at home.
- Multidisciplinary meetings with the child's team.
- Interactions with students during unstructured times (e.g., recess, lunch...)
- On-the-spot intervention provided throughout the school-day.
- Letters of support provided to insurance companies.
- Meeting with external agencies and consultations with external providers to ensure consistency and strategic alignment for therapy support for each child.
Group sessions, including Facilitated Play Skills Sessions, Social Skills, Visualising and Verbalising, Motor Planning and other such sessions are designed to target skills that benefit from being worked on in a group setting. Groups enable various skills to be practiced with peers of a similar age and ability level and enable students to learn from each other.
Regular feedback to classroom teachers regarding on-going reinforcement of skills and strategies take place to ensure continuity across the school. Termly feedback is provided to parents regarding each child's progress.
For more information on The Winstedt School therapy services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We also provide supplemental therapy including 1:1 or paired, outside of classroom hours.