Parent Teacher League
Parents at The Winstedt School have many opportunities to become involved with school community. The Parent Teacher League is the primary vehicle for parent participation. Every parent at The Winstedt School is automatically a member of the Parent Teacher League.
The Parent Teacher League plans a variety social gatherings and educational programs for TWS families and assists with specific school sponsored activities. The roster of the Parent Teacher League leadership is formed in August, at the start of the academic school year. The league coordinates the overall structure for the calendar of events each year.
The role of the Parent Teacher League is to build strong working relationships among parents, teachers and and the school in support of students. The Parent Teacher League organises parent education events, plans teacher appreciation activities, supports school activities like Parent-Teacher Conferences, open houses and curriculum nights, holds fundraising activities to benefit the educational, social and cultural programs in the school.
Parent Teacher League Objectives:
- To support the mission, programmes, and activities of the school
- To promote a strong sense of community
- To maintain an active program of parent education including focus groups
- To organize and promote volunteerism
- New Family Welcome Reception
- Speaker Series Programme
- Room Parents & Senior School Grade Level Representatives
- Community Events
- Parent Teacher League Fundraising
- Staff and Faculty Appreciation