Parents at The Winstedt School have many opportunities to become involved with the school community. The Parent League is the primary vehicle for parent participation. Every parent at The Winstedt School is automatically a member of the Parent League.
The Parent League plans a variety of social gatherings and educational programs for Winstedt families and assists with specific school sponsored activities. The roster of the Parent League leadership is formed in August, at the start of the academic school year. The league coordinates the overall structure for the calendar of events each year.
The role of the Parent League is to build strong working relationships among parents, teachers and the school in support of students. The Parent League organises parent education events, plans teacher appreciation activities, supports school activities, and holds fundraising activities to benefit the educational, social and cultural programmes in the school.
Parent League Objectives:
- To support the mission, programmes, and activities of the school
- To promote a strong sense of community
- To maintain an active programme of parent education opportunities including focus groups
- To organise and promote volunteerism
- New Family Welcome Efforts
- Speaker Series Programme
- Room Parents & Senior School Grade Level Representatives
- Community Events
- Parent League Fundraising
- Staff and Faculty Appreciation