Refund Policy & Procedure
a) The School’s Management Team shall ensure a fair and reasonable refund policy is detailed for any payments made.
b) Time taken to process all refund requests will be done within 7 working days, from the date of application to disbursement of funds to the student.
c) Computation of the refund amount is to be communicated to the parent / student.
d) The school is to maintain a List of Refunds, which is to be updated within 3 days after processing of the refund.
e) The School adopts the Refund Policy as per the Standard Student Contract as set out by CPE. This Policy will act as a framework in guiding the implementation of detailed refund processes and procedures in the following areas:-
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
- Cooling off Period
f) School Refund Policy as per clauses in the Standard Student Contract: -
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course:
The PEI will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the standard student contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons:
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the standard student contract, the PEI will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the standard student contract.
Refund during Cooling-off Period:
The PEI will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties. The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Standard Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]
If Student's written notice of withdrawal is received:
More than 90 days before the Term Commencement Date
More than 60 days, but less than 90 days before Term Commencement Date
Less than 60 days before the Term Commencement Date
More than 1 day after the Term Commencement Date
- All other fees reflected in Schedule C of the Standard Student Contract.
- The teacher is suddenly hospitalised and a substitute teacher cannot be found.
Review of Refund Policy and Process
- The Independent Internal Auditor will review the refund policy and process, through the IPRAA at least once a year for continual improvement.
- In addition, the Process Owner will do a review at least once a year to ensure that it is up to date and relevant using the internal review report.
1. Parent / Student to Fill Up Refund Request Form
- In the event of any refunds that is to be made, parents / students are
to fill up the Refund Request Form and email / hand it to the Admissions
Officer for further processing.
- Any supporting documentations that are required to process the refund
request must also be submitted along with the Refund Request Form. This
includes the Course Withdrawal or Course Transfer Request Forms.
- Reasons for Refund must also be clearly documented in the Refund Request Form.
2. Admissions Officer to Meet Up with Parent / Student
1.1 Upon receipt of any Refund Request Form (including supporting documents if any), Admissions Officer is to meet up with the parent / student and acknowledge the receipt of the refund request by signing on the form. This is to be done within 2 working days upon receipt of the Refund Request Form (based on the date of application).
3. Establishing of Refund Category and Amount
- Admissions Officer is to refer to the Standard Student Contract details to
establish if a refund is to be made to the students.
- If refund is applicable, Admissions Officer is to pass the Refund Request Form
to Finance Department for further processing.
- Finance Department will work out the Refund Amount based on the Refund
Policy as stated in the Standard Student Contract. This amount will be
indicated on the Refund Request Form.
- Computation of such an amount will also be explained to Students / Parents
and stated in the Refund Request Form.
- All refund amounts will strictly adhere to the Refund Policy as stated under the Standard Student Contract.
4. Management Approval of Refund Amount
- Upon establishing of Refund Amount, Finance Department is to seek the approval of CEO as part of Management Approval before the Refund Amount can be disbursed.
- Such Management Approval should be documented in the Refund Request Form
5. Disbursement of Refund Amount
- Upon Management Approval of Refund Amount, Finance Department will
prepare for disbursement and contact the student / parent for collection if
mode of refund selected is cash / cheque.
- The Finance Department will then update the List of Refunds.
- Where possible, the school will get acknowledgement of receipt of refund
amount from the students / parents on the Refund Request Form. Should
the school be unable to do so, clear records of the transaction should be
6. Review of Refund Procedure
- The Designated Independent Internal Auditor will review the refund process
at least once a year as part of his/her Internal Review, Audit, and
Assessment of the school.
- In addition, the Process Owner will review the process at least once a year to ensure that it is up to date and relevant using the Internal Review Report.
Refund Procedure Flowchart