Refund Policy & Procedure
- The School's Management Team shall ensure a fair and reasonable refund policy is detailed for any payments made.
- Time taken to process all refund requests will be done within 7 working days, from the date of application to disbursement of funds to the parent/student.
- Computation of the refund amount is to be communicated to the parent/student.
- The School is to maintain a List of Refunds, which is to be updated within 3 days of processing each refund.
- The School adopts the Refund Policy, as per the Standard Student Contract, set out by the Committee for Private Education (CPE). This policy will act as a framework in guiding the implementation of detailed refund processes and procedures in the following areas:
- Refund for withdrawal due to non-delivery of course
- Refund for withdrawal due to other reasons
- Cooling off period
- School refund policy as per clauses in the Standard Student Contract.
Refund for Withdrawal due to non-delivery of course:
The PEI will notify the student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the course on the course commencement date;
- It terminates the course before the course commencement date;
- It does not complete the course by the course completion date;
- It terminates the course before the completion date;
- It has not ensured that the student meets the course entry or matriculation requirements as set out by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the standard student contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student's Pass application is rejected by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the student decide to withdraw within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal due to other reasons:
If the student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the Standard Student Contract, the PEI will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student's written notice of withdrawal, refund to the student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the standard student contract.
Refund during cooling-off period:
The PEI will provide the student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the contract has been signed by both parties. The student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Standard Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the student has started the course or not.
% of the amount of fees paid under Schedules B & C in the PEI Student Contract
If a student's written notice of withdrawal is received:
On or before 15 April, in relation to a student due to commence during Semester 1 (August to December)
On or before 15 September, in relation to a student due to commence during Semester 2 (January to June)
On or before 15 May, in relation to a student due to commence during Semester 1 (August to December)
On or before 15 October, in relation to a student due to commence during Semester 2 (January to June)
After 15 May, in relation to a student due to commence during Semester 1 (August to December)
|[0%]||After 15 October, in relation to a student due to commence during Semester 2 (January to June)
- All other fees reflected in Schedule C of the Standard Student Contract.
Conditions in which a course may be cancelled:
The teacher is suddenly hospitalised and a substitute teacher cannot be found.
Conditions in which a refund is applicable:
In the event where government agencies such as the Ministry of Education (MOE) or Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) reject the respective applications, the enrolment fee, less S$500.00 will be refunded.
1. Parent / Student to Fill Up Refund Request Form
- In the event of any refunds that is to be made, parents / students are to fill up the Refund Request Form and email / hand it to the any staff in the School for further processing.
- Any supporting documentations that are required to process the refund request must also be submitted along with the Refund Request Form.
- Reasons for Refund must also be clearly documented in the Refund Request Form.
2. Establishing of Refund Category and Amount
- For refunds due to Course transfer / withdrawals, Admissions Officer. is to refer to the Standard Student Contract details to establish if a refund is to be made to the students.
- Note: For refunds due to any other reasons such as excess payments, etc. it will be handled by the Finance Department directly.
- If refund is applicable, Admissions Officer is to pass the Refund Request Form to Finance Department for further processing.
- Finance Department will work out the Refund Amount based on the Refund Policy as stated in the Standard Student Contract. This amount will be indicated on the Refund Request Form.
- Computation of such an amount will also be explained to Students / Parents and stated in the Refund Request Form.
- All refund amounts will strictly adhere to the Refund Policy as stated under the Standard Student Contract.
3. Management Approval of Refund Amount
- Upon establishing of Refund Amount, Finance Department is to seek the approval of CEO as part of Management Approval before the Refund Amount can be disbursed.
- Such Management Approval should be documented in the Refund Request Form.
4. Disbursement of Refund Amount
- Upon Management Approval of Refund Amount, Finance Department will prepare for disbursement and contact the student / parent for collection if mode of refund selected is cash / cheque.
- The Finance Department will then update the List of Refunds.
- Where possible, the school will get acknowledgement of receipt of refund amount from the students / parents on the Refund Request Form. Should the school be unable to do so, clear records of the transaction should be kept.
Refund Procedure Flowchart