Fee Protection Scheme
The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students' fees in the event that Winstedt is unable to continue operating due to insolvency, and/or regulatory closure. FPS also protects students if Winstedt fails to pay penalties or return fees to the students arising from judgement made against it by the Singapore Courts.
In line with EduTrust requirements, Private Education Institutions (PEIs) are required to adopt the FPS to provide full protection to all fees paid by students. All fees refer to all monies paid by the students to be enrolled in a PEI, excluding the course application fee, agent commission fee (if applicable), miscellaneous fees (non-compulsory and non-standard fees paid only when necessary or where applicable, for example, the re-exam fee or charges for credit card payments, etc.) and GST.
The Winstedt School has adopted LONPAC Insurance BHD as our insurance company and our students' fees are protected under this policy. FPS is applicable to all local and international students. Please click here to view a copy of the policy certificate.
Procedures and Details of the Fee Protection Scheme Insurance
- Parents pay course fees directly to The Winstedt School
- The insured amount (limit of indemnity) is shown in the Certificate of Insurance (COI).
- The insurance coverage period starts from the day course fees are paid to Winstedt and not from course commencement date, until the end of the course or the end of the duration based on the course fees paid.
- When parents submit payment, a receipt will be issued and FPS insurance will be purchased within 7 working days. Once the insurance is purchased, parents will also receive the COI via email from LONPAC Insurance Bhd.
- Parents should check if the information is correct on the following documents:
- Certificate of Insurance (COI) - Student name, course title and duration, amount insured and period of coverage.
- Receipt - Student name, date of payment, course title, course fee paid, certificate of insurance number and outstanding amount (if any).
For more information on the Fee Protection Scheme, please visit the Committee for Private Education (CPE). Or if you have specific questions regarding your payments, policy or coverage, contact email@example.com.