Fee Protection Scheme
The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ fees in the event that Winstedt is unable to continue operating due to insolvency, and/or regulatory closure. The Fee Protection Scheme also protects students if Winstedt fails to pay penalties or return fees to the students arising from judgement made against it by the Singapore courts.
In line with EduTrust requirement, Private Education Institutions are required to adopt the Fee Protection Scheme to provide full protection to all fees paid by their students. All fees refer to all monies paid by the students to be enrolled in a Private Education Institution, excluding the course application fee, agent commission fee (if applicable), miscellaneous fees (non-compulsory and non-standard fee paid only when necessary or where applicable, for example, the re-exam fee or charges for credit card payment etc,) and GST.
The Winstedt School has adopted LONPAC Insurance BHD as our insurance company and our students are protected under the insurance scheme. It is applicable to all local and international students.Please click here to view a copy.
Procedures/ Details of FPS Insurance Scheme
-Students will pay course fees directly to The Winstedt School.
- The insured amount (limit of indemnity) is shown in the Certificate of Insurance (COI).
- The insurance coverage period starts from the day of course fees is paid to Winstedt and not from course commencement date, till the end of the course or end of duration based on course fees paid.
- When student makes payment, receipt will be issued and FPS Insurance cover will be purchased within 7 working days. Once the insurance is purchased, student will also receive the COI via email from LONPAC Insurance Bhd.
- Students should check if the information is correct on the following documents:
- Certificate of Insurance – name, course title and duration, amount insured and period of coverage
- Receipt – student name, date of payment, course title, course fee paid, certificate of insurance number and outstanding amount (if any)
For more information on the Fee Protection Scheme, please visit Committee for Private Education (CPE) website at www.cpe.gov.sg.