1. Parent / Student to Submit Course Deferment Form
- Parents / Students requesting for a Course Deferment will need to fill up the Course Deferment Form with supporting documents and submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Parent / Student Interview with Admissions Officer
- Admissions will arrange for an interview to discuss the academic implications of deferment, to understand the reasons for deferment, and if possible, to find a solution to avoid deferment.
- The parents / student is to sign off on the Course Deferment Form to acknowledge that they would like to retract or proceed with the course deferment.
- If the deferment request is for one (1) year or more, the School will advise the student to withdraw and to re-enrol the following academic year.
- Admissions will obtain parental consent for the deferment request if the student is below 18 years old.
- Any student holding a Student's Pass will be informed that their deferment is subject to approval by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
3. Approval of Course Deferment by Academic Division
- Upon approval from the relevant Head of School, Admissions is to seek approval from the CEO.
4. Issue Letter to Effect Course Deferment
An official letter to effect the Course Deferment Request would also be issued to parents / students. This would be done upon approval by Management.
Admissions is to check that the whole deferment procedures has been completed, and the official letter has been issued by signing off on the Course deferment form.
Note: Parents / Students are to sign off on the Course Deferment Form to indicate that they have received the official letter, and the contract has been signed.
Deferment Procedure Flowchart