Back to School
The Winstedt School (TWS) is pleased to confirm that our campus will open for in-classroom sessions starting Wednesday 3, June. School will commence at 8:30 am and end at 3:30 pm Monday-Friday.
All students from Reception to Senior School are expected to report to the school campus to continue their learning and complete the 2019-2020 School year. The last day of this school year is 12 June, 2020.
While TWS will have a supply of necessary materials for teaching staff and students to ensure safety, please also ensure that your child has the following when he/she attends school:
Photocopy of ID card for Safe Entry*
1 mask for use, 2 extra masks in a zip-lock bag
Suggested: Personal Thermometer
None of the above can be shared at all times.
As per latest CPE advisory, all staff and visitors need to check in/out using the QR scanner in their mobile phones before entering and leaving the building. The QR is posted at the Blue and Green Gate. Alternatively, should you encounter problems using the QR, you may approach us at the Reception desk and we will scan your IC instead.
For students, Teachers will have to scan each of the students’ IC/Passport in the classroom - morning and before going home. Parents are requested to send a photocopy of their child’s IC/Passport with the student or email it at email@example.com.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions and more information related to Back to School to better guide parents as they prepare for the transition from Home-based-learning to in-school learning. If there are any additional questions not included in this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is SafeEntry?
- Will school buses operate during the June 3-12 period?
- Will lunches continue to be provided and delivered to the School?
- Will graduation and other award ceremonies be held? If so, can parents attend?
- Can parents visit the School now that TWS campus is open?
- I would like to keep my child at home and not send him/her back to TWS campus, what are my options? And how will this impact my child’s learning?
- I would like to keep my child at home, but my child holds a Student’s Pass and I’m aware ICA has an attendance requirement for Student’s Pass holders. What can I do?
- What will the curriculum look like during the two weeks when students are back in School?
- Will my child be required to wear masks during School? Can my child wear face shield ?
- What are the measures the School put in place to ensure the safety of each student and teaching staff?