Personal Data Collection Statement
1. It is often essential for you and/or your child to provide to The Winstedt School Pte Ltd (“TWS”) data about yourself and your family or for TWS to collect information about you and/or your child that is subject to applicable data protection or other similar laws in Singapore (your “Personal Data”) from time to time in connection with your child’s enrolment or prospective enrolment with us. Such Personal Data may include your and/or your child’s identity documents, contact details, information concerning date of birth, marital status, nationality, racial or ethnic origin, past academic history, medical conditions, dietary restrictions, billing and bank information.
2. Such Personal Data is initially collected through the enrolment process. Other Personal Data is collected in the course of your child’s time with TWS. Personal Data may also be collected through your or your child’s use of our email system or internet services for compliance with TWS’ Internet and Email Usage Guidelines.
3. Personal Data you and/or your child provide to TWS may be collected, used, disclosed and otherwise processed for the following purposes:
3.1. determining eligibility for enrolment in TWS;
3.2. assessing, monitoring and reporting on individual student performance, attendance and disciplinary records;
3.3. monitoring students’ email communications and internet use in accordance with TWS’ Internet and Email Usage Guidelines;
3.4. supporting students’ learning through curricula and extra-curricular activities including but not limited to outdoor trips and inter-school competitions;
3.5. providing pastoral care where appropriate;
3.6. providing healthcare and wellness services;
3.7. provision of online services such as TWS internet portals;
3.8. responding to your enquiries and/or feedback;
3.9. application of student passes where appropriate;
3.10. application for Ministry of Education approval for Singapore Citizens;
3.11. facilitating payment for goods and/or services provided by TWS and/or a third party on TWS’ behalf including verification of bank and credit card details with third parties and using the Personal Data provided to conduct matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties); and
3.12. all other matters relating to your child’s enrolment and education with TWS as TWS may consider to be necessary or appropriate. In these instances, TWS may from time to time inform you in writing.
4. In addition, Personal Data you and/or your child provide to TWS may be collected, used, disclosed and otherwise processed for the following purposes:
4.1. conducting of statistical studies and analysis, either by TWS or by a third party service provider;
4.2. supplying any goods and/or services which TWS or its selected vendors may offer or may require from TWS, including but not limited to bus services, food services, travel agents and hotels;
4.3. where appropriate, promoting TWS to prospective students, including but not limited to the school’s prospectus, magazine and website;
4.4. where appropriate, sharing of information on the TWS Portal, for access by parents and employees;
4.5. sending promotional and marketing information by post, email and SMS about the school, activities and events as well as carefully selected third parties;
4.6. for registration to the TWS Alumni and connection purposes between Alumni, for access by Alumni department and other Alumni as per their consent given at registration;
4.7. sending of event updates and other communications to the Alumni; and
4.8. all other matters relating to the operation of TWS and may consider to be necessary or appropriate. In these instances, TWS may from time to time inform you in writing.
5. Personal Data provided to TWS will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorise us to provide or disclose your and/or your child’s Personal Data for the purposes stated in clauses 3 and 4 above to the following persons:
5.1. any person to whom TWS is compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a request by a government agency;
5.2. any person where public interest or our interests require disclosure;
5.3. any third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, data storage, data processing or other services to TWS, whether in Singapore or overseas;
5.4. any third party seeking academic references;
5.5. such sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as TWS may determine to be necessary or appropriate, whether in Singapore or overseas; and
5.6. any other persons to support your child’s enrolment and education with TWS as well as for the operation of TWS as TWS may consider to be necessary or appropriate.
6. You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by TWS and you may:
6.1. confirm whether TWS possesses or uses (within a year before the date of your request) your and/or your child’s Personal Data;
6.2. request that TWS corrects any error or omissions in your and/or your child’s Personal Data;
6.3. request that TWS makes information available about its policies and practices in relation to data protection;
6.4. request that TWS makes information available about its processes to receive and respond to complaints that may arise with respect to data protection, and TWS will, as soon as reasonably practicable, respond to your request. In some instances, we may require a minimal fee or deposit to cover the incremental costs related to the request by you.
7. Written requests relating to your Personal Data or TWS’ policies, practices and processes in relation to data protection may be directed to:
The Winstedt School Communications Office
The Winstedt School Pte Ltd