The Winstedt School delivers an internationally-recognised, British curriculum through multi-sensory lessons and personalised instruction.
Leveraging our small classes and emphasis on integrated arts, Winstedt teachers customise instruction to support the learning needs of each student while keeping them actively engaged.
Early Years (Reception through Year 2)
- Active, multi-sensory lessons make learning fun while reinforcing foundational concepts across academic disciplines.
- Differentiated instruction allows students to access the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) while also providing tailored adaptations within the classroom, assessments and instructional materials.
Junior School (Years 3 - 6)
The Edexcel International Primary Curriculum and Lower Secondary curriculum provide a structured approach to learning Literacy, Maths and Science.
- Students in years 3 and above are grouped by learning profile for the core subjects of Literacy, Phonology and Maths so that each student is learning at the level, and in the style, that best suits his or her needs.
- International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) provide a comprehensive, thematic, creative curriculum, with a clear process of learning and specific goals for every subject. It also develops international mindedness and encourages personal learning.
- IPC and IMYC utilise thematic units to connect concepts across Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Technology, History, Geography, Music, Physical Education, Art and Society. This integrated approach reinforces concepts in a cross-disciplinary manner.
Middle School (Years 7 – 9) and Senior School (Years 10 & above)
- TWS Senior & Middle Schools follow the Pearson Edexcel UK Curriculum through Key Stage 4 in the core subjects (English, Maths, Science, Humanities).
- TWS will also begin the deployment of a unique blended-learning program for students requiring a unique schedule, learning extension, additional classes, or remediation for the 2020-2021 school year.
- “Elective” subjects, or non-core subjects, are designed to meet the needs of each cohort of students.
- Core Academics: Math, English, Science, Humanities, International Middle Years Curriculum
- Creative Arts Electives: Arts, Music, ICT, STEAM, Drama
- Career Studies Electives: offered in partnership with tertiary education providers
- Foundational Studies: ASDAN Short Courses, Pearson Entry Level Curriculum
List of Courses
Please click here to view the courses and entry requirements
Please click here to view our individual courses objectives.