The Winstedt School delivers an internationally-recognised, British curriculum through multi-sensory lessons and personalised instruction.
Leveraging our small classes and emphasis on integrated arts, Winstedt teachers customise instruction to support the learning needs of each student while keeping them actively engaged.
Early Learning: Reception through Year 2
- Active, multi-sensory lessons make learning fun while reinforcing foundational concepts across academic disciplines.
- Differentiated instruction allows students to access the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) while also providing tailored adaptations within the classroom, assessments and instructional materials.
Years 3 - 7
- The Edexcel International Primary Curriculum and Lower Secondary curriculum provide a structured approach to learning Literacy, Maths and Science.
- Students in years 3 and above are grouped by learning profile for the core subjects of Literacy, Phonology and Maths so that each student is learning at the level, and in the style, that best suits his or her needs.
- International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) provide a comprehensive, thematic, creative curriculum, with a clear process of learning and specific goals for every subject. It also develops international mindedness and encourages personal learning.
- IPC and IMYC utilise thematic units to connect concepts across Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Technology, History, Geography, Music, Physical Education, Art and Society. This integrated approach reinforces concepts in a cross-disciplinary manner.
Years 8 and above
The Winstedt School utilises the Pearson Edexcel and ASDAN academic frameworks for our Senior School. These globally-recognised, high-quality frameworks are used in more than 10,000 schools across 160 countries.
This diverse range of academic options provide Winstedt students with flexible pathways, globally recognised qualifications and critical employability skills.
Pearson Edexcel International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
All students will take the core subjects of English Language (or English as an additional Language) and Maths Foundation or higher level. In addition, they can choose up to three supplementary subjects.
ASDAN International Awards Programme, Key Steps and Short Courses
All students will take the core International Award Programme towards the Bronze, Silver or Gold level. The qualification is divided up into themed modules covering topics such as communication, community, number handling, sport and leisure and expressive arts. Students can also choose additional short courses in a variety of subject areas.
Subject options for IGCSE, GCSE and ASDAN include:
- Art and Design
- Expressive Arts
- Food Technology
- Leisure and Tourism
- Physical Education
- Speech & Drama
- Sports and Fitness
The Winstedt School infuses arts and specialist subjects across the curriculum to engage learners and spark creativity. Students, at all levels, have specialist lessons, taught by qualified teachers, scheduled throughout their timetables including:
- Executive Functioning and Social Thinking
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Personal, Social and Health Education
- Physical Education
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Maths)
Assessments and Exams
Students enrolled in Reception through Year 8 are assessed via 'Knowledge Checks'. Students enrolled in Year 9 and above will sit the external written exams in May/June. All academic accommodations for specific learning needs will be provided. The 'O' Level course awards are conferred by the respective exam boards.
List of Courses
Please click here to view the courses and entry requirements
Please click here to view our individual courses objectives.