The Winstedt School is an inclusive community that exists to redefine the possibilities of education for students who learn differently.
Our admissions criteria and process are designed to give parents the confidence that Winstedt has the necessary resources in place to best support each student who joins the school.
To be considered for admission, students must:
- Be at least 4 years old before commencing class
- Have a basic command of the English language. Supplemental English support can be provided, but students need to be able to manage in a class environment conducted entirely in English.
- Have an average IQ or above to access our mainstream, British curriculum
- Have no primary behavioural or emotional difficulties, unless the behaviour is due specifically to academic frustration
- Sufficient personal independence to engage in an academic group setting. We are not able to provide one-to-one support, nor do we allow the use of Shadow Teachers.
The Winstedt School offers rolling admissions, so students can enrol at any time throughout the academic year depending on availability of spaces.
Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) approval
Per Singapore law, students aged 6 or older, who are Singapore citizens (either by birth or registration), must be approved by the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) to attend The Winstedt School. Children aged 4 and 5 (Reception class) do not need MOE approval.
The Winstedt Admissions team will submit the required application materials to the MOE before a place can be formally offered. For more information regarding exemption from Compulsory Education, please visit the MOE website. If you have specific questions, contact email@example.com.
Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) approval for Student's Pass
A foreigner who wishes to study at The Winstedt School requires a Student's Pass unless he or she is currently holding a Dependent's Pass (DP), Immigration Exemption Order (IEO), or is a Singapore Permanent Resident (PR).
Once a student is given a formal offer of admission, The Winstedt School will register the student with the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to allow parents to complete and submit the Student's Pass application.
The student will only be eligible to commence classes upon approval of the Student' Pass by the ICA, and verification of the Student's Pass card by The Winstedt School Admissions team. Review the full Student's Pass Application process document here.
All Student's pass holders must meet the minimum 90% monthly attendance requirement as stipulated by the ICA.
Note: First-time applicants aged 12 and below are required to submit documentary proof of vaccination or evidence of immunity for Diphtheria and Measles to the Singapore Health Promotion Board (HPB) for verification before they can proceed with a Student's Pass application. Please visit the HPB website and FAQ page for further information.