The Winstedt School is an inclusive community that exists to redefine the possibilities of education for students who learn differently.
Our admissions criteria and process are designed to give parents the confidence that we have the necessary support in place for each student who joins the school.
In order to be considered for admission, students must:
- Be at least 4 years old before commencing class
- Be fully toilet independent
- Have a basic command of the English language. Supplemental English support can be provided, but students need to be able to manage in a class environment conducted entirely in English.
- Have an average IQ or above in order to access our mainstream, British curriculum
- Have no primary behavioural or emotional difficulties, unless the behaviour is due specifically to academic frustration
- Sufficient personal independence to engage in an academic group setting. We are not able to provide one-to-one support, nor do we allow the use of Shadow Teachers.
The Winstedt School offers rolling admissions, so students are able to enrol at any time throughout the academic year depending on availability of spaces.
Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) approval
In accordance with Singapore law, students aged 6 or older, who are Singapore citizens (either by birth or registration), must be granted approval by the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) in order to attend The Winstedt School. Children aged 4 and 5 (Reception) do not need MOE approval. Our Admissions team will submit the required application materials to the MOE before a place at The Winstedt School can be formally offered. For more information regarding exemptions from Compulsory Education, please visit the MOE website. If you have specific questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) approval for Student Pass
A foreigner who wishes to study at The Winstedt School requires a Student Pass, unless he or she is currently holding a Dependent Pass. For students who have gone through the application and class trial process, and been given a formal offer of admission, The Winstedt School will submit a Student Pass application to the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
A one-time fee of SGD$88.00 will be levied upon initial submission of the Student Pass application.
The student will only be eligible to commence classes upon approval of the Student Pass by ICA and verification of the Student Pass card by The Winstedt School Admissions team.
All Student Pass holders must meet the minimum 90% monthly attendance requirement as stipulated by the ICA.