If you are interested in applying for a position at The Winstedt School, The Asher-Solomon Centre for Development or Winstedt Learning Support Centre, please submit a cover letter with accompanying CV to:
Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite candidates interested in a position as a Teacher (SEN experience a plus), Occupational Therapist or Speech Language Therapist to submit a CV and cover letter.
For all positions we offer a salary commensurate with experience and competitive benefits. Relocation package offered for Therapists. Interested candidates, please email your CV to Human Resources as above.
We are currently seeking:
Responsible for implementing:
- Classroom ManagementBehaviour Documentation and Reporting
- Lesson plans
- Conduct informal team behaviour intervention meetings
- Planning and implementation of social/emotional/behavioural Interventions
- Curriculum and Instruction responsibilities such as planning, documentation and reporting of academic data/progress and applying interventions
- Curriculum mapping, individually-design instruction, individualized lesson-planning and IEPs
- Conduct assessments, manage grading, homework
- Maintain student records and communicate frequently with parents and school staff as needed
- A Special Education teaching certificate
- Bachelor's degree minimum
- Teaching experience with elementary and middle school students, minimum three years
- Experience working with students with learning disabilities – minimum two years
- Strong command of the English language
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Must be able to teach all basic skills and interact with students, parents and faculty
- Strong administrative and computer skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Effective communication in both oral and written
- Collaborate and able to receive to feedback, mentoring and direction from peers, therapists and supervisors
- Maintain a professional and clinical perspective at all times
We offer a competitive salary. We specialize in employing qualified professionals to work with students who have a learning difficulty or learning disability and who benefit from a small student to teacher ratio. This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of the Company. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder's responsibility
A relief Senior Teacher at The Winstedt School is responsible for direct teaching when the Senior Teacher cannot be at school. The relief Senior Teacher will implement programs and lessons prepared by the senior teacher. The candidate will prepare teaching materials prior to teaching sessions and work with a co-teacher to assume responsibility for the classroom. The candidate should be prepared to work with an international community.
Relief Co-Teachers on an on call, casual basis.A relief Co-Teacher at The Winstedt School is responsible for teaching and assisting students, preparing teaching materials and collecting learning data when the co-teacher cannot be at school. The candidate will maintain and organize classroom materials, implement classroom programs as needed and be prepared to work with an international community.
Role Title: Physical Education Teacher
Status: Part Time – 16.5 hours per week
Who we are:
The Winstedt School (TWS) is an independent UK accredited establishment for Reception, Junior and Senior level students.
TWS is a place where students with learning differences thrive and fulfill their learning potential in an environment that is welcoming and inclusive.
Your key responsibilities:
- Organize games and challenges that promote physical activity for all levels of students.
- Assist in delivering a program of motor skills and physical development for children
- Reinforce teamwork, discipline, perseverance and fair play
- Promote proper exercise and eating habits
- Must have ability to adjust curricula and teaching style to adapt to children with disabilities, different physical abilities and diverse learning needs and differences.
- Strong speaking and listening skills.
- Excellent communication and demonstration ability.
- Observe all students and maintain discipline within the class.
- Interact with parents, teachers and school staff.
Collect learning data
Assess each child’s needs through Physical Education
Perform any other duties as directed by the CEO, Head of Physical Education, Heads of Schools
Assist with coverage of Lunch/Recess/CCA’s
- Liaise with other health professionals, senior teachers, co- teachers and administrative staff as required.
- Maintain student confidentiality.
- Ensure conduct is professional and ethical.
- Adhere to The Winstedt School policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken English
Qualifications and Skills
Diploma/Degree in Sports Science/Physical Education
NCAP certificates advantageous
Minimum 3 years experience in teaching physical education/sports to children
Creative and enthusiastic